It's been quite a while since the last blog update, but I have a good reason. The best reason possible, in fact: I've been writing. Like, actually writing. My main concern when starting a blog was its potential for distracting me from getting work done. Because let's face it, anyone who's a creative type, and especially a writer, knows how easy it is to become distracted, especially when a project inevitably becomes difficult. There are some days (usually late in a project) when I can't wait to get to my desk, and then there are other days (especially in the outline stage) when anything, and I mean anything seems more appealing than spending one more second at your desk or kitchen table, staring at the wall of index cards or unfinished script pages, thinking for the thousandth time, What in the hell comes next? How do I do this? What is missing? Should I move on to something else?
The script for THE SHOW is done. The current draft anyway, and it is currently being reviewed by my producer for a budget breakdown, as well as my dependable readers to give me some notes. I should be rewriting it within a week, during which time I can also continue storyboarding and planning with a little more certainty. Waiting for feedback is tough. You obviously wonder what your readers will think of it, and as a result, you start to second guess yourself before you even get one opinion. Did I knock it out of the park? Am I at least onto something? I wasted the last few months, didn't I? All you can do is sit back, try to relax (distracting yourself with another project often helps, as I am doing), and just wait it out...
I do apologize for the radio silence, but I will say that I am very relieved to find that the blog has not proven to be too much of a distraction thus far. And at this point, I doubt I'll have very many complaints...
No comments:
Post a Comment