With pre-production kicking off for my new short film, I felt this would be the right time to officially start one of them blogs. I’ve had friends encouraging me to start one for a while now, but I never saw the point. There’s enough unqualified opinions floating around on the Internet, especially in regards to film, so why should I add to all the madness? Nevertheless, here I am… I suppose at the end of the day, I’m just another asshole who gets a kick out of seeing his opinions in print on the Internet.
This blog will primarily focus on the entire production of my upcoming short film, THE SHOW (http://theshowmovie.com/) from its prep all the way through to its distribution. I’ll be discussing how the film is progressing, how much hair I’m ripping out a day, and how all my friends, family, cast, and crew are coping with my manic obsessive behavior. As it gets further along, I’ll post various goodies such as the typical stills, videos, interviews, and possibly even podcasts, contests, etc. After its release, I’ll post script drafts, storyboards, and other forms of justifying why I made the decisions that I did, whether they worked or not.
So that’s that. After two years of film school, and three years of navigating the Hollywood workforce—in perhaps the worst economic time in history to have started working in this industry—my real film school truly begins. I hope that you’ll take the journey with me. Perhaps you’ll learn from some of the mistakes that I will be sure to make, and maybe when all is said and done, I’ll be able to look back on this blog and see my mistakes and failures in a big enough public light that I won’t have any other choice but to never repeat them.
I hope I don’t fuck up too bad… or at least fail upwards like Hollywood tends to allow… Place your bets.
No comments:
Post a Comment